To find out who to contact go to our CONTACT AND LINKS page:
The walks are graded as follows:
Grade Distance Ascent (feet)
Grade Distance Ascent (feet)
- A Approx. 11-15 miles 2500 – 4000
- B Approx. 8-10 miles 1000 – 2500
- C Approx. 6-8 miles < 1000
Monday Evening Walks
Monday evening short walks (approx. 4 miles)
- The Monday evening walks programme runs from May to August.
- If you need or can offer a lift please be at Natland Road (near Romney Bridge), Kendal ready to leave promptly at 6.30pm.
- Walks start at 7.00pm from the meeting point shown.
- Lifts cost £1.50 per passenger (payable to driver).
- Any queries, phone the Evening Walks Coordinator.
Otterbank lay-by on A6
Lindeth Lane (off Crook Rd)
Arnside Railway Station
Windermere Road car park Grange over Sands
Staveley mill yard
SD 532 972
SD 415 963
SD 460 788
SD 411 783
SD 471 983
Saturday Car Walks
Meet at B&Q Car Park Burton Road Kendal at 9.20 for a 9.30 departure, or at the start of the walk as indicated.
Grade / Walk Description
B Blea Tarn and Great Langdale
C Between Ings and Kentmere
C+ Whitbarrow Round
C Coast and canal
C+ Haverthwaite Heights & Low Wood
C+ Outerside and Barrow
B Weasdale and Randygill Top
C+ Coniston shoreline
C+ Yewdale Valley and Tom Heights
John Edmondson *
Margaret & Dennis
Alison and Libby
10.30 Brittania Inn, Elterwater
09.50 Mill Side
10.15 Old rd nr Haverthwaite
10.30 Royal Oak, Braithwaite
09.00 B&Q or 10.00 Caldbeck
10.15 Wath, slip road off A685
10.00 Limethwaite Rd, W'mere
10.30 Yewdale Inn, Coniston
10.30 Shepherd's Bridge, High Yewdale
* Leader will meet up with the group at the start point
- There is no need to book – just turn up at B&Q car park, Burton Rd, Kendal, LA9 7JU (SD 522 907) ready for prompt departure at 9.30h
- Cars can be left at the car park free of charge.
- The cost of lifts (payable to driver) is shown on the programme.
- The start point of the walk with grid ref and time is shown on the programme.
- If you wish to drive straight to the start of the walk, please do so but ring the Saturday Rambles Secretary (see CONTACTS AND LINKS page) with your contact details, in case there should be a change of plan.
Sunday Coach Walks
Grange, Watendlath, Seatoller
Wild Boar Fell
Mallerstang from Nateby
Grinton, Framington Edge and Arkengarthdale
Harker Top and Swaledale
Grey Friar via Seathwaite Tarn
Red Dell circular
Tarn Hows to Coniston
Crag Hill, Gt Coum & Whernside
Ray and Beryl
- The coach normally departs from Kendal Natland Road bus stop (near roundabout) at 9:10 and at Blackhall Road bus station at 9:15.
- Occasionally an earlier start is arranged.
- Please phone the Coach secretary (Brian Baker) during the fortnight preceding the coach you wish to go on. Phone Brian on 07971767194 between 6 pm and 9 pm (but NOT Sundays).
- Tell Brian whether you would like to get on the coach at Natland Road or Kendal Bus Station. Pick-up points along the route can sometimes be arranged.
- The coach fare is £10 and is collected on the return journey.
- If, having booked, you wish to cancel, please do so as soon as possible. Full fare is payable if a cancellation is made for whatever reason after the Wednesday before the walk.
- Once you are on the coach, you can book for the next coach to guarantee your place should you wish to do so. If you do not wish to sign up for the next coach, then you will need to ring Brian during the fortnight prior to the next coach you wish to join.
Rules for all walks
- Leaders shall not be liable to members or any other persons going on walks for any personal injury, damage, loss or inconvenience of any kind caused to members or other walkers or their property.
- Leaders have discretion to refuse to take any member who is considered unsuited to participate in the proposed walk or who they consider is inadequately equipped for the prevailing conditions.
- Please do not get ahead of the leader, and please do not leave the walk without letting the leader know.
- You must be accompanied by at least one other person if you do leave a walk for any reason.
- Dogs (except assistance dogs) are not allowed on any walks.